Coastal Missions Society
Welcome to Coastal Missions
- Coastal Missions is constituted exclusively for the advancement of the Gospel on the coast
- Coastal Missions is a Limited Corporate Society and a Registered Charity in both Canada and United States since 1980
- Our 52-foot mission vessel Coastal Messenger operates year-round on the coasts of British Columbia and Washington
- The Mission base and office are situated in Chemainus,B.C. The Missions Base is used for the continued provisioning for the Coastal Messenger, a residence for some of our missionaries, and we host some events at this location. The Office is where we look after our administration.
- All our activity is charitable and non-commercial
- Our funding comes through donations without appeal
2021 Voyages are in progress - choose "Vessel" above
Follow the 2021 Coastal Messenger schedule through the year online with links to Google Maps.
The 2021 year will be changed significantly because of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
Visit our history pages - choose "Our Story" above
Bill Noon, owner and captain of the retired mission boat Messenger III, brought his beautiful wooden heritage vessel to Ladysmith where the two ships could be photographed together.
This pan shot shows the interior of the Coastal Messenger from the aft steps entry (left) to the mirror at the galley table (right).